The software will be available in more than 170 countries to help accounting and bookkeeping professionals easily shift to the cloud, says the firm.
Intuit QuickBooks launches free Online Accountant software
Intuit QuickBooks will provide its QuickBooks Online Accountant software free to accounting and bookkeeping professionals globally to help them manage workflow although subscriptions will apply when adding clients.
Intuit QuickBooks said accounting and bookkeeping professionals made significant contributions to the economy at a local, regional and global level and worked as trusted partners for the small to medium-sized business community, which represented 90 per cent of firms and 70 per cent of employment globally.
The firm said tax agents were busier than ever and 86 per cent were looking to technology to help them increase efficiency.
Vice-president of Intuit QuickBooks Australia Lars Leber said the global access to QuickBooks Online Accountant would enable tax agents worldwide to better manage workflow, client interactions, and billing.
“Accountants in the region play a key role in helping businesses to adapt and prosper,” said Mr Leber.
“With the rollout of QBOA (QuickBooks Online Accountant), every accountant and bookkeeper can efficiently manage their clients from one easy-to-manage platform.”
“Any professional accountant with an internet connection will benefit from financial management innovation fit for the modern age, while businesses benefit from improved expert support.”
Intuit said QuickBooks Online Accountant would benefit professional accountants globally with features including:
- Dashboard view of real-time and historic client data, current projects and deadlines.
- Automated transactions and specific rules classifying data, minimising manual data entries.
- Ability to use workflows to send reminders to the right people at the right time and automate common tasks.
- Integrated apps which provide functionality that was more than reporting such as inventory management, expense management, payroll and e-commerce.
- Predictive AI-based ability to estimate income tax and support self-assessment filing with an automated breakdown of earnings and tax-deductible expenses.
The firm said the QuickBooks Online Accountant software would be free to accounting and bookkeeping professionals in 170 countries, however, there would be a subscription service fee to add their small business clients to QuickBooks Online Plus.
In celebration of the launch, Intuit QuickBooks set the price for the QuickBooks Online Plus subscriptions to one dollar a month when purchased in bundles of 10.
The firm said it would also provide a free Zoom session to assist accountants and bookkeepers in getting started on the online system. Local developers would also be able to publish apps as part of the QuickBooks Global App Store to include purpose-built applications for specific regions to integrate with QuickBooks.