For accountants, the past 6 months have been hectic, challenging, and relentless. The Covid-19 induced recession has hit businesses hard. And you have been on the frontline helping your clients survive.
And much of what you have been doing is low priced work.
What about your own business?
How are you going to grow your own revenues?
It’s all about value-add. Move beyond government mandated clerical work to cement your role as a trusted advisor. One that solves business problems, becomes remarkable. Adding value generates higher fees.
Emulate Big Firm know-how
Big Firms are adept at building high value services. They have a different mindset about how they invest their time. They are also comfortable at bringing in external experts to help solve client problems. The secret is how you hold centre stage. With all the advice and client contact flowing through you.
GPs will refer their patients to medical specialist when needed. But everything always comes back to them. The patient stays with the doctor – who is their primary health advisor.
So, it could be for you and your business clients. It is what your clients want.
Yet only 9% of small business owners nominate their accountant as their trusted advisor. Though 80% of those that did saw it as a positive. *
There is a huge opportunity for you.
Learn how in an IA Group sponsored webinar featuring two previous Big Firm partners who will share the 4 key principles to successfully build higher value services.
IA Group – Financial engineers helping you, help your clients
IA Group works with accountants around the country, using finance as a business tool to maximise opportunities for their clients. Or fix short term funding challenges.
Run by charted accountants they love the business of business and helping you solve client problems.
IA Group is a relationship company. Its longevity is built on its commitment to understanding your clients, their businesses and working towards mutual success.
Successful relationships are built on understanding, mutual interest, and trust.
In a recent interview IA Groups Chairman commented:
“We look to the business case, the people operating the business and the opportunity or challenge in front of them. Amongst the raft of accountants’ client businesses, we have worked with over the past twelve months some, introduced by big 4 firms to sole practitioners include:
- An engineering company with an opportunity to expand. The banks were too conservative, other financer companies too expensive. They didn’t take the time to understand the business case.
- A financial services company creating an innovative customer payment solution.
- Reframed a technology post graduate training program to support a terms payment plan for its customers that supplied working capital and captured greater market share.
- Finance for a professional services firm so a partner could successfully exit.
- Secured business loans that capture acquisition or strategic market opportunities for businesses. We can act in a timeframe that banks are unable to meet in the current climate”
Learn how to build high value services and start putting them into place immediately.