Powered by MOMENTUM MEDIA
Powered by MOMENTUM MEDIA
Subscribe to our newsletter SIGN UP
Wave of last-minute SMSF lodgements set for this week

Website Notifications

Get notifications in real-time for staying up to date with content that matters to you.

Wave of last-minute SMSF lodgements set for this week

Figures from the Tax Office indicate that 60 per cent of SMSFs had lodged their returns last week, leaving the remaining 40 per cent to lodge in the week before deadline.

SMSF Reporter 14 May 2019
— 1 minute read

These figure are an improvement on the 2017–18 financial year, where there was an extension to 30 June to cope with the spate of superannuation reform changes. 

Advertisement
Advertisement

“Based on previous year’s trend, approximately 86 per cent of all SMSFs lodge on time,” an ATO spokesperson told sister publication SMSF Adviser. 

The ATO also pointed out that it was not unusual to see a significant number of SMSF lodgements within days of the due date.

“We will be closely monitoring the lodgements that come in as we move closer to the due date,” the ATO said.

There will be special exceptions for some funds this year. The ATO stated that the due date for annual returns that are non-taxable or received a refund in the latest year and are non-taxable or will receive a refund in the current year will be due 5 June this year.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Wave of last-minute SMSF lodgements set for this week
image intro
accountantsdaily logo
SMSF
FROM THE WEB