James will discuss the impact of the negative publicity on the banks, how he feels it will shape the future of the banking industry going forward and why those with a referral-based business plan are benefiting in the current market.
Will the royal commission have a real-world impact?
In this episode of Accountants Daily Insider, Katarina is joined by colleague James Mitchell, the editor of the wealth titles within Momentum Media and previously editor of their mortgages suite of titles, to discuss the impact that the royal commission has had on the financial sector.
More from this columnist
- Accessorial liability a potential risk under STP regime
- ‘No guarantees’ for instant asset write-off increase as election looms
- FBT overhaul ‘not a priority’ for government
- Industry lawyer warns on expiry of ATO rulings on low-interest loans
- New quarterly STP reporting method for closely held payees revealed
Why business owners must understand the liquidation process
By Domenic Calabretta, Mackay Goodwin
The future for accountant and bookkeeper relationships
By Lielette Calleja & Kane Munro
The time is ripe for holistic tax reform
By Neil Billyard, BDO