Katarina Taurian and Terry Braithwaite also read between the lines of the flurry of partner appointments this week, and find FY19 is a good time for SMEs in accounting land.
Creative claims and tax time 2018
Join the Accountants Daily team as they discuss the most unusual tax time claims that have come across the news desk this week. From dogs to designer fashion, some clients have tried hard to get creative claims over the line.
More from this columnist
- Government rules out GST changes following ATO report
- On the back foot: Addressing the ATO’s debt collection powers
- Alleged shadow director charged after liquidator questioning
- Converged accounting and advice firms to ‘dominate’, says CountPlus
- Winners of the 2019 Australian Accounting Awards revealed
Why were the ‘quiet Australians’ missed in the election pre-polls?
By Amanda Hicks, KPMG
TPB ups the ante on privacy consent
By Chris Deeble
Let’s get this straight: There is a gender pay gap in accounting
By Julia Quinn, CA ANZ