Accountants Daily, together with principal partner Thomson Reuters, is pleased to announce the winners of this year's Australian Accounting Awards.
Winners announced for the 2017 Australian Accounting Awards
At a five-star gala dinner at The Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, the winners of the fourth annual Australian Accounting Awards were announced to a crowd of 500 people.
There were a record number of finalists and submissions for this year's awards, and all judges commented on the "standout" quality of the entrants.
Managing director for Australia and New Zealand of Thomson Reuters, Ben Scull, told Accountants Daily the company is proud to partner an event which recognises and champions the work of the Australian accounting industry.
"We are so pleased to be partnering with a program which recognises the depth of talent in the Australian accounting industry, and extend our congratulations to all the winners and finalists in this year's Australian Accounting Awards," Mr Scull said.
Accountants Daily would also like to congratulate all the winners and finalists for their outstanding contribution to their profession.
The winners of the awards this year are:
- Graduate program: Power Tynan
- Accounting student: Arlen Dabinett, Pitcher Partners
- Community engagement program: Leenane Templeton Chartered Accountants & Business Advisors
- Bookkeeper: Diane Lucas, Direct Management
- Bookkeeping firm: Carbon Bookkeeping
- Auditor: Jo Heighway, Deloitte
- Rising Star: Dean Sammut, MMT Accountants + Advisers
- Innovator: O'Connells OBM
- Professional development program: Pitcher Partners
- Office administrator: David Keith, Collins Hume
- Marketing program: Altus Financial
- New Partner: Christopher Tinta, Link Advisors
- Partner: Bert Girle, Agilis Accountants & Advisors
- Partner (Boutique firm): Peter Fowler, Collins Hume
- Young accountant: James Fitzgerald, Moore Stephens
- Executive: Natasha Chambers, Wilson Pateras
- Thought leader: Trent Mclaren, Intuit
- Editor's choice: Chris Hooper, Accodex
- Diversified firm: businessDEPOT
- New firm: Dexterous Group
- Fast-growing firm: SiDCOR Chartered Accountants
- Business advisory firm: SMART Business Solutions Accounting
- Boutique firm: Wilson Pateras
- Firm: Pitcher Partners
- Excellence Award: Peter Fowler, Collins Hume