Yesterday, BDO’s Perth office suggested the mid-tier firm is looking to achieve "strategic operational alignment" on a national level.
Today, BDO’s Brisbane office has announced the appointment of six new partners across various divisions. They are:
• Sharee Bartlett, risk advisory;
• Leon Fouche, cyber security;
• Peter Winterflood, banking and finance;
• Kasey O’Sullivan, outsourcing accounting solutions, tax and advisory;
• Michael Cutri, audit; and
• Jason Daniels, retail and franchising.
Other appointments include:
• Yatra Forudi, associate director, corporate finance;
• Wayne Grant, associate director, consulting; and
• Anthony Hayley, associate director, transfer pricing.
An announcement from the mid-tier firm suggests these latest appointments are indicative of growth in the Brisbane arm’s service offering.
"It’s important for us to be ahead of the game and have the foresight to look beyond what’s currently happening in the market," said BDO Brisbane’s managing partner Tony Schiffmann.
"We continually sit back and put our client hat on, to think about what they need so we can come up with a plan to make that happen.
"What we know is that business in Queensland is evolving at a rapid pace and our clients want help to ensure they can grow with it."
Yesterday, BDO’s Perth arm announced leadership changes, including the appointment of mergers and acquisitions partner Peter Toll to the position of the Perth office’s managing partner.
In addition, BDO Perth’s chief executive, Gerard Moody, is set to take up a national role as chief operating officer at BDO Australia.
Are you thinking of expanding your offering into SMSFs to grow your client base? Become a pro at SMSF fundamentals and make your clients bulletproof with the SMSF Foundations course. Learn directly from Aaron Dunn from Smarter SMSF as he deep-dives into the fundamentals you need to know to successfully undertake your work as an SMSF practitioner. Earn up to 21 CPD hours! Learn more